Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sunday's Smiles

There are days when you wake up, and you think isn't my life great? Sometimes there is no particular reason for this coming to mind, but you know life is beautiful.  Today was one of those days for me.

Here are some of the reasons I know that life is beautiful today. I went out and realized that July 31st is National Embroidery Day. I am not an embroiderer, it's one of those things I wish I could tackle, but time is the problem. I was out and about, and there were some of the local embroiderers giving demonstrations on their craft. I thought to myself, isn't it great to see people share what they are passionate about.


Bumping into someone you having seen in years. It's always a reminder of where you have been in the past when you see them. And I always think of some of the things that I miss from that time, and the things that I no longer have to deal with.

Trying to figure out what I want to make for dinner. I heard about how people living in Venezuela are unable to afford food. It's just not available, due to the political issues in the country right now. And I realized I'  lucky to be able to open up the refrigerator and say to myself what do I want to eat. I think it's something we take for granted on a regular basis. And I'm glad that I am able to do it.

So what is bringing a smile to your face today?

No comments:

Post a Comment