Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Lemon Jell-O Syndrome

This summer I picked up a book called The Lemon Jello-O Syndrome. It wasn't a book that was recommended to me. I hadn't read anything by the author, Man Martin, before this book. It simply caught my eye, and I thought try it out.

The Story

Bone King has a slight disability. He is unable to walk through doors. And it becomes a serious problem in his life. He receives treatment from a strange doctor, who doesn't recommend medicine. He recommends square dancing. But the treatment doesn't always work. And Bone finds that he has to decide who he can trust in life, and what he is willing to do to get well.

What I Think 

I liked this book. Bone is an odd character. He is writing a book on grammar, and he is working on his doctorate. But he is one of those individuals who doesn't have a lot of common sense. In some ways he is likeable, but in others he isn't. He just seems to get a little lost in life. And I actually like the character of Dr. Lemongello. I found that his unusual bedside manner was a breath of fresh air. And then there is that twist in the book, that makes you think about how do we trust the experts?

So, if you are looking for a book, with an unusual character, this book may be for you.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I really enjoy books that are unpredictable! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete