Thursday, August 10, 2017

And The Mountains Echoed

I recently grabbed the book And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. I read two of his other books, The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. They are both excellent books. But I hadn't read the book I picked up. So I decided it was time to give it a read. So here's what I think of the book.

The Story

This is the story of how many lives are intertwined. But the story begins with two children named Abdullah and Pari. They is an unusual connection between the brother and sister. The story follows the children through life, and it shows how events twist and turn in each of our lives. It begins and Afghanistan, and follows individuals around the world. In this book you see how the lives of two individuals are connected to so many others.

What I Think

I liked this book. I liked that this book is about individuals, and how they affect so many different peoples lives. I like that while this book is about Afghanistan, it doesn't focus on the horrible events that occurred in that country. He states in the book, that those stories have already been told. And it's true. There is much more to that country than those few years. I like that he shows that life has gone on for the individuals from that country. 

I also liked many of the characters in the book. I like how it shows that we often hurt the individuals closest to us. I would have liked for the book to have a little happier ending. It wasn't a bad ending, but it didn't have that happy ending we all love. Instead, it had a realistic ending. And there was a happiness in the way it turned out.

So I would recommend this book to individuals who are looking for an intelligent read with gret characters.



No comments:

Post a Comment