Thursday, August 17, 2017

Angel's Hand

I went with a friend of mine to Crown Hill Cemetery last week. If you like to explore cemeteries this is one you really need to check out. John Dillinger is buried there, as well as Benjamin Harrison. It's located in Indianapolis, and it's pretty easy to find. While I was there I wanted to find a tombstone with a great angel. You know one of those sculptures that can only be found in one of two places. One of the places is a church, and the other is a cemetery.

I found one. This tombstone was a life size angel. It was missing the angel's hand though. I thought about how an angel could loose it's hand. I mean a real angel not one carved in stone. Can there really a one handed angel who has fought some ethereal battle? I don't know the answer to that question, but I really liked the statue of this angel.
Let me know what you think of the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment