Saturday, September 9, 2017

Songs In The Key Of Kristen

I don't usually think of comedians as musicians. But when I picked up Kristen Key's CD Songs in The Key of Kristen, I realized I was counting out a large group of performers in my listening routine.

The Music

This CD is fun to listen to. In her first studio comedy album Key presents some really witty songs. The first song on the album is Road Trip. In the song she accurately portrays what  happens during pretty much any road trip. It's fun, and you will be able to relate to it. And the song Love In A Reptile Store shows just how strange relationships can begin. It's crazy, but there are relationships that have started this way I'm sure. If you grew up in the 80's or 90's you will relate to many of the songs that refer to so many events of that time frame.

What I Liked

I love her sense of humor. I liked that she looks at the world around her, and takes the situations from everyday life. Who hasn't had times when they just want their neighbors to leave them alone? You know when you are in a rush to get to work and your neighbor catches you as you are getting into your car? Songs In The Key Of Kristen makes me want to see her live because if her live performance is half as funny as the CD it will be worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment