Monday, February 25, 2013

French Twist


With the Oscars last night I decided that I wanted to try a little something more glamorous with my hair. It’s long and straight, and I really probably need a haircut, but I thought what the heck, let’s do something different. So I settled on a French twist. I’ve not always had the best of luck with this hairstyle. But I thought maybe this time is the trick. It did turn out pretty well after I found some good instructions on how to do it. So, here are some easy to follow instructions on a French twist.

Push all hair with your left hand to the right of your head, then anchor it firmly with bobby pins. With a brush, twist the hair on the right over the bobby pins, twisting it upward with your chin up or the hair will loosen. After it is twisted into place, anchor it with a hairpin at the crown. Now both hands are free.

Hold the roll and place hairpins (or bobby pins) in the direction shown in the drawing. Important: Since the hair is twisted upward pins must be placed downward.

Keep in mind these instructions are for a right handed person. If you’re a lefty reverse the instructions.

Music to blog Bob Robert’s Society Band by Jimmy Buffett

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial. The line of bobby pins must be the key - my twists never worked out when I had long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful style - very fancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm a new follower! Found you at TBH! I'm in love with your social media buttons! Cuteness overload!

    I'd love it if you can follow me back :)

    xoxo
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually a very straight forward tutorial which is rather refreshing! I do a french twist a bit haphazardly so I will have to try this! Thanks! ;-)
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! You should link up your song to my blog today- I do a weekly music link up on Tuesdays! :)

    Have a fabulous day!
    Leslyn
    leslyni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. DOn't think I'll ever go anywhere nice enough to wear it it does look beautiful. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my place the other day. :)

    Www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete