Sunday, March 3, 2013

Smokey's Oscar List


Last week was the Oscars. I believe that this show is designed for humans and not felines. As I viewed the winners there were no felines visible, and it saddened me. There are so many great feline feature films. Why aren’t they receiving awards like the humans do? So I’ve comprised a small list of movies featuring felines and other animals that deserved an Oscar.

First of the group is my favorite. It should have received best animated film that year. The winner should have been Puss in Boots. Puss in Boots is a well groomed cat deserving more attention.

The second film I would propose is in the best actor category. D.C. from That Darn Cat really did a fine job of leading those humans on a chase. He showed humans just how smart felines really are.

And the last movie is not really about felines, but it did feature a human who truly understand animals. He talked with animals. The film I nominate for a best picture award is Doctor Doolittle. The acting by the animals in this film was top notch. It’s a pity that the humans did not recognize this fine film’s qualities. I believe that it advanced human and animal relations by leaps and bounds.

Do any of you wonderful readers have any other suggestions on films that should have at some point in time been included in the Oscars? There must be some other feline films that I have not recognized. Please let me know if you do know of others, and we can discuss whether or not I should add them to my Oscar list.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi, Thanks for visiting my blog today. I share your love of felines and feline movies. I am your new follower and I hope you will visit often.
    Best
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So which Dr. Dolittle are you talking about? The one with Eddie Murphey or the classic 1967 with Rex Harrison! That was a great movie!!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a funny post and have me a little laugh for Sunday night...following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would nominate the cat from Hocus Pocus.

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete