Monday, September 30, 2013

Billy Roberts and the Rough Riders

When I first heard Billy Roberts and the Rough Riders song No More Mr. Nice Guy, I thought this band has to be from Texas. Boy was I surprised when I found out the band is actually from Austrailia! 


The band would definitely be described as a country band.  I imagined the music being played in roadhouse. You know loud, and a band that has to be able to cope with any audience. The song definitely fits the bill. It definitely conveys the attitude I don’t care what you think of me. I’m just going to be me.  Not only do the lyrics express the attitude, but the use of the harmonica and the easy to remember rhythms of the song get the idea across.



And then there is the song My Baby Gone Cold. The lyrics and melody reminded of rockabilly. It’s a simple song that makes you want to sing along and dance. You know something from the early days of rock and roll where the influence of country music was definitely heard.



The band is a welcome addition to the country music scene. You can learn more about the band on their page at Reverbnation.

1 comment: