Friday, September 20, 2013

Evoletah

I’ve been hearing a lot of great music from Australia recently.  And Evoletah is one of those great bands. I listened to the band’s new album We Ache for the New Moon which was released in June of this year. 

I was impressed! The music is great for those evenings you would rather stay at home and listen to music instead of going out on the town. This is grown up music. And I don’t mean that it’s music for grown-ups. I mean that it’s music by musicians who have some maturity and depth. And they are able to express their maturity in their music.


The song Guillotine has a jazzy feel to it. I loved the band’s use of the saxophone and bass in the song. It just adds something special to the great lyrics. But listen to the song yourself to see what I mean.



Evoletah isn’t a newcomer to the music scene either. They have four other releases that you can purchase through their website. So if you’re looking for music with a slightly artsy and mature feel to it, this band is sure to please you.

2 comments: