Monday, December 2, 2013

Holly Pop 2013

One thing that I love about the town I live in is it has finally decided to do something to show off all the great small things that are going on around the area. And since Saturday was Small Business Saturday the town focused in on the small businesses in the area with a festival called Holly Pop. The town opened up one of the store front downtown, and allowed businesses to show their wares. And what a great set of wares my town has to offer.



There were 23 businesses based out of my home town. While I knew some of the businesses like Matilda Jane, I was pleasantly surprised to be introduced to a company called Sweets So Geek. I mean how can things get much better? Star Wars themed chocolate is always gonna be a winner.
I purchased a lemon cranberry cupcake from Cupcakes and Company which I have to admit was one of the best cupcakes I’ve eaten in my life.


But there was also a candle company, clothing company, and a printer on site as well as other artists.



But the greatest thing was seeing all of the people coming to shop for local goods, and all of these business owners who are so proud of what they make. That’s just something you don’t find at Wal-Mart.

7 comments:

  1. That's the cutest poster I've ever seen! I would love to go to Hollypop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for great local businesses :)
    star wars chocolate is awesome ...glad there was such a great turnout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I wish that my town was small and quaint sometimes!

    Check out my blog this week for my first giveaway ever! http://japolina.blogspot.com/2013/12/contest-giveaway-yipeee.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heidi,
    Coming to your blog from the train blog.
    I love this above, thank you.
    I love your blog and am following in all ways I can.
    I hope that you have a wonderful day.
    Love and best wishes.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. The town I live in also did the same thing1 Such a wonderful idea. Thank you for joining the Great Blog Train!
    Kaitlyn
    http://threesistersandus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Christmas decorations! :-) I found your blog through The Great Blog Train! You can check out my blog, Meg’s Menagerie, at http://megmeg77.wordpress.com/ Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete