Monday, September 29, 2014

Five Year Old Tests Positive for Cocaine

When I read the news, I never cease to be amazed at what I read. And when I read that a couple was arrested in California after a five year old tests positive for cocaine. When I read the headline, I thought how on earth would a five year old have access to cocaine? But believe it or not it is possible. According to the stories I read, a man was arrested for possession of cocaine. In his car was his five year old son, who was sitting very close to bags of drugs. And I thought to myself what was the father thinking? Was this take your child to work day? Couldn’t he find a baby sitter, or did he just want to spend quality time with his child? And my mind wandered to the chase scene in Raising Arizona.



And I thought to myself, is there any circumstances that would justify a father taking his child along to a drug deal? I quickly thought no. And then I thought about the mother. I wondered if she knew that the child’s father was taking him along on drug deals. Needless to say both parents have been charged with child endangerment along with a few other charges.  And the five year old along with his two other siblings have been taken by child protection services. I know that I have made light of some of this story, but I do believe that taking the children away from their parents is probably a good thing.



And this story does make me angry in some ways. There are so many individuals who want children. They would be good parents. They would do nothing to put their children in danger like these parents reportedly have, but for one reason or another they are not able to have children. Good people have difficulty adopting children, and they are forced to go to foreign countries to adopt. And while I only know the circumstances that were reported in the news, I believe that these children would probably be better with some of those loving families. And I wonder what will become of the five year old whose father felt it was acceptable to take his child along on a drug deal. Will he be one of those children who gets lost in the foster care system, or will he be one of the kids who comes out and makes a good life for himself?

Music to blog by Cattle Dance Party by Moon Hooch

Other Links You Might Like


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean to say! This is shattering. Parents are trusted to be God-sent angels for little kids but parents like these break faith.
    I hope that the three kids find love and care wherever they are.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is so wrong and so bloody sad some people should not have children in their care

    ReplyDelete