Friday, September 19, 2014

Mushrooms Galore

So I went out into my yard the other day, and what do I see? I see mushrooms galore. At first, I think to myself the fairies are at work building a fairy ring, but no, it wasn't a fairy ring. They were all in a straight line. So here is some of what I saw.





So since I am not an expert when it comes to mushrooms, I decided to just leave them alone. While many mushrooms are edible, just as many are toxic. And if you don't know you should probably just leave them alone is my policy on that.

And here are a couple of fun facts about mushrooms

Different varieties of mushrooms can produce different colors of dye for clothing. The colors range anywhere from green to red to brown.

Under certain conditions mushrooms spores can lie dormant for hundreds of years and still grow again.

A Portabella mushroom has more potassium than a banana. 

Certain types of mushrooms that grow underground can sell for as much as $800 a lb. I should be so lucky to have those in my yard.

Music to blog by Woke Up New by The Mountain Goats

Other Links You May Enjoy




1 comment:

  1. Oh my that is quite some cluster of fungi

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete