Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Loreena's Gift

Loreena's Gift is the new book by Colleen M. Story. This book is the story of an unusual individual. I'm glad that I was offered the opportunity to do a review of the book.

The Story

This is the story of Loreena, a young woman who has the ability to kill with her touch. Her uncle, the pastor of the local church, persuades her to use her gift to usher terminally ill members of his flock to a merciful death.

But gifts need to be used wisely. And when Loreena's troubled brother comes to town she is pushed to see just what she will do with her gift.

What I Think

I liked this book. I found Loreena to be an interesting character. And she certainly has an interesting gift. I like that this gift is a little bit of a double edged sword. She is able to regain her sight for a short time when she uses this gift. But the end result is that individuals die when she uses her gift. I like that she has to make choices about what she is willing to do with her gift also. It makes for an action packed story. I like that it is an intelligent book.

Who Should Read This Book

This book is definitely for more mature readers. There is violence. And the nature of Loreena's gift is a more mature subject. But if you are looking for a book with a touch of the supernatural and loads of twists and turns, this book is for you.

You can learn more about the author through the following sites.






Disclaimer
I did receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

1 comment: