Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Today I Am Grateful For

Earlier this week, I posted a picture of some of a flower I saw on a walk I took at a preserve. It made me think about gratitude. And what am I grateful for in life? I was reading a list of some items someone else was grateful for, and the list included a color.

And I thought to myself, what color am I truly grateful for?

Anyone who has been around me for any length of time knows that my favorite color is blue. Shades of blue are pretty prevalent in my life. I have a blue room in my house. I gravitate toward blue jewelry and clothing. It just relaxes me to see the color blue. But I'm not sure if this is the color I am most grateful for.

I thought that I really like bright pinks. You know the Hello Kitty Pink. It's bright. It's cheery, and it's cute. But that's not the color I am most grateful for.

I green sometimes. It depends on the shade. And maybe on my mood. But that's not the color I appreciate most.

The color I appreciate most is the one in this picture. The yellow orange in the flower. It makes me feel warm when I feel that shade of yellow. I think of the carefree days of summer. And I think of walks in nature.
So now you knw the color I appreciate most, what color are you truly grateful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment